Are you a seasoned IT Contract Consultant or IT professional thinking of leaving long-term employment for a change that will fuel your career and expand your skill set? Quartech offers Consultants and Contractors a diverse portfolio of IT projects in every industry vertical, from Healthcare to Finance. We have exciting opportunities in emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Cloud / Edge and Autonomous Devices and using the latest methodologies (Agile and DevOps) while keeping in alignment with our commitment to running a Customer-Focused business - both with our the Corporate Clients and our Consultant Clients. We have access to a wide variety of cutting-edge projects which have opportunities to work with some of the top IT professionals in the business. We can help you find a consulting engagement that fosters respect, teamwork, openness, and fits your skills & expertise while supporting you on our project to ensure your success.
Quartech is a leading IT Solutions & Consulting firm in BC, recognized for excellence in the industry as one of Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC (2018) and CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada (2018). Quartech is proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability and we are leaders in Agile/DevOps.
Quartech is looking for an Information Security Consultant for a client in Metro Vancouver. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
- Participate in security architecture review of client technologies.
- Provide recommendations and best practices for proposed client technologies within the FWS project.
- Perform Risk assessments and business impact analysis for major commercial systems and new technologies including:
- Hyper-converged technologies (HP, Dell, Nutanix, etc)
- Multi-site private WANs, firewall, routers, etc.
- Citrix and VMWare VDI technologies
- Application containerization (Docker et al)
- Remote access technologies and protocols
- Provide guidance to ensure solution designs are aligned with security policies and standards
- Plan security penetration tests and work in collaboration with various stakeholders to resolve any critical security issues
Specific Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field with a strong background in computer science or information technology or an equivalent combination of some college and significant work experience
- At least 10 years' experience in the field of data and network security or equivalent technology-related experience
- Expertise in industry standards and practices related to security engineering, network security and application security
- Experience in Privacy and Security legislation and policies relating to the management of healthcare data
- Possession of CISSP, CISM or any other information security related certifications is preferred
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada