Are you a seasoned IT Contract Consultant or IT professional thinking of leaving long-term employment for a change that will fuel your career and expand your skill set? Quartech offers Consultants and Contractors a diverse portfolio of IT projects in every industry vertical, from Healthcare to Finance. We have exciting opportunities in emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Cloud / Edge and Autonomous Devices and using the latest methodologies (Agile and DevOps) while keeping in alignment with our commitment to running a Customer-Focused business - both with our the Corporate Clients and our Consultant Clients. We have access to a wide variety of cutting-edge projects which have opportunities to work with some of the top IT professionals in the business. We can help you find a consulting engagement that fosters respect, teamwork, openness, and fits your skills & expertise while supporting you on our project to ensure your success.
Quartech is a leading IT Solutions & Consulting firm in BC, recognized for excellence in the industry as one of Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC (2018) and CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada (2018 ). Quartech is proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability and we are leaders in Agile/DevOps.
Quartech is looking for an Intermediate Cloud Systems Engineer for an important client of ours. This is a 12-months contract with a client in the Metro Vancouver area with a strong likelihood of extensions.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Support/Maintenace of VMware environment (ESX 6.5, VSAN 6.6.1, Horizon View 7.2, vRops 6.7, vRNI, NSX )
- Support/Maintenance of EMC XtremIO and EMC Unity All Flash Storage arrays
- Support/Maintenance of Cisco UCS (6 domains, 80 hosts)
- Support/Maintenance of EMC rebranded Brocade switches
- Support/Maintenance of many existing PowerShell scripts and creation of new scripts where necessary
- oncall 50% of the time for VMware environment, UCS and Storage
- assist in investigating AWS for use of IaaS in our environment
- Ability to work with highly complex and integrated environments.
- Specialist Knowledge of VMware ESX, VSAN, Horizon View, vRops, vRNI and NSX(generalist knowledge of NSX)
- Working knowledge of SAN Arrays - preference for EMC XtremIO and EMC Unity arrays
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS infrastructure
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
- General knowledge of IaaS in AWS and Azure