Are you a seasoned IT Contract Consultant or IT professional thinking of leaving long-term employment for a change that will fuel your career and expand your skill set? Quartech offers Consultants and Contractors a diverse portfolio of IT projects in every industry vertical, from Healthcare to Finance. We have exciting opportunities in emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Cloud / Edge and Autonomous Devices and using the latest methodologies (Agile and DevOps) while keeping in alignment with our commitment to running a Customer-Focused business - both with our the Corporate Clients and our Consultant Clients. We have access to a wide variety of cutting-edge projects which have opportunities to work with some of the top IT professionals in the business. We can help you find a consulting engagement that fosters respect, teamwork, openness, and fits your skills & expertise while supporting you on our project to ensure your success.
Quartech is a leading IT Solutions & Consulting firm in BC, recognized for excellence in the industry as one of Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC (2018) and CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada (2018). Quartech is proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability and we are leaders in Agile/DevOps.
Quartech Systems Ltd. is seeking a Junior Systems Administrator who has proven infrastructure experience and excellent technical support skills to join our Victoria office. The right candidate will join a collaborative, corporate IT team committed to infrastructure best practices, customer service, innovation, and continuous improvement. Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure & Support, you will join a team of IT professionals located in the Vancouver head office as well as the Victoria branch office. Based in Victoria, you will be a key contact for the technical support team, responsible for providing staff with in-person and remote support services, workstations, and telephony. As a member of the infrastructure team you will ensure the IT infrastructure continues to meet the evolving needs of Quartech employees and contractors, and ultimately our clients; this includes security, networking and servers. Quartech is a Microsoft Gold Partner and the internal IT environment is predominately a Microsoft environment.
In your new role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Key contact for Quartech Infrastructure, including server room equipment in the all Victoria branch offices as well as the Vancouver Office
- Work with the infrastructure team on infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Provide Technical support, remotely and in person, to Quartech staff and clients
- Provide support services for clients working in Quartech lab space
- Provide end user training on Quartech systems, tools, and IT-related processes
- Contribute documentation for the Quartech IT Knowledgebase
We will expect you to have the following minimum qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a technical field committed to ongoing professional development or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience working on a Technical helpdesk team
- Experience working with a Microsoft Windows Server Infrastructure
- Experience working with network level devices (Switches, Routers, WiFi)
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience will set you apart from the rest:
- Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Windows 10, Skype for Business, and VOIP solutions
- Group Policy Experience
- Remote Desktop Services Experience
- Threat management, including the site to site VPN, SSL VPN, Firewalls and Antivirus
- Proven experience with workstation and software deployments; deployment technologies
- Proven ability to provide end user support to a demanding client base
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passionate about working with a collaborative team
- Ability and willingness to become Microsoft certified, if not already
- Ability to communicate effectively and work within a collaborative team
- Passionate about technology with a keen interest to remain current
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences
- Committed to best practices in infrastructure management and customer service
- Committed to quality processes and continuous improvement
- Committed to ongoing professional development and growth
- Internally motivated; ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Natural problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Maintains a positive outlook; resilient when facing challenges
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work when necessary
- Ability to travel occasionally to the Vancouver head office and other Quartech locations
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada
We develop and maintain long-term relationships with our workforce by providing access to training, IT industry meet-ups, resume assistance, and the support of a highly experienced leadership team of account executives with over 150 years of combined experience in technology projects and consulting. Our AE team will prepare you for interviews and projects by sharing valuable insights into the clients and their cultures. We will continue to support you throughout your contracts. "You can carve out a contracting career with Quartech in your back corner; we offer great clients and ever-changing opportunities!" Quartech is an equal opportunity employer.