Our strong culture places the highest value on people and extends beyond the workplace and into our communities.
In addition to our broad technology contributions to social services, we are proud to provide our ongoing commitment to local charities and the environment.
Over the last 30 years, we have implemented technology in the social services sector, supporting hundreds of thousands of people in need.
These valuable contributions include the following:
- Technology solutions enabling income assistance to reduce poverty
- Re-employment services creating new work opportunities
- Rehabilitation services allowing injured workers time to heal and successfully return to the jobs and careers that support their families.
Since 2006, Quartech has supported 8 seniors and 26 families, including 104 children.
Our approach for giving is very personal and rewarding. We contact the families to truly understand their needs and desires and identify the best way to support each family over the holidays. Whether it is a kitchen table, a vacuum cleaner, a child’s bed, or a cherished toy for a child, we help each family create a better Christmas.
Each year, our account managers lead a friendly fundraising competition, and Quartech matches funds raised by our employees and consultants by 50 percent.
To learn how you can make a difference to a Burnaby family this Christmas, visit the Burnaby Community Connections website.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society (GVFBS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing food and related assistance to those in need. Each week, over 26,500 people receive food items from the GVFSB. Recipients are working poor, single parents, new immigrants, and seniors on fixed incomes. Food items are distributed through 15 food depots and over 100 community agencies in Vancouver‚ Burnaby‚ New Westminster, and the North Vancouver.
The GVFBS does not receive government funding, relying solely on the generosity of the individuals and organizations that are willing to donate funds‚ food, and time.
To learn how you can help feed the needy, visit the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society website.
Sponsorship helps to outfit the team in uniforms, provide equipment, pay tournament fees, and supplement travel costs.
Go Mosquitos Go!
Learn more about the Victoria Mosquito A Eagles.
Environmental Technology Solutions
Through our technology and business services to social services, government ministries, health authorities, transportation, utilities, insurance, and other public and private organizations, Quartech is proud to help realize many benefits to the environment:
- Improving energy efficiencies
- Decreasing manual and paper processes
- Eliminating repetitive tasks
- Improving services to the public with more efficient response times for both our clients and their customers
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
Quartech does the following to reduce waste, reuse, and recycle:
Reduce landfill waste
- Set up a program to actively recycle paper, cardboard, containers, bottles and cans
- Donate older, but perfectly usable, computers and peripherals to local community groups
- Reuse appropriate parts
- Recycle unusable computer materials
- Return toxic materials, such as printer toner cartridges, to the manufacturer for reuse through the HP recycling program
Reduce paper and ink consumption
- Submit invoices electronically to clients, where acceptable
- Submit proposals through e-bidding and e-mail
- Print double-sided to minimize paper use
Reduce travel emissions
- Encourage video and teleconferencing
- Encourage use of public transportation