Quartech is looking for an AP-AR Accountant to join our Finance and Administration department. Please submit your resume along with the cover letter (mandatory).
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the AP/AR Accountant will support all aspects of finance and accounting within the organization. This will primarily focus on the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, along with other ad-hoc financial activities.
- Manage the accounts payable inbox and organize all invoices, statements and other relevant documentation
- Code invoices to GL accounts and input vendor & contractor invoices into ERP system in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare vendor & contractor payments through ERP software and online banking platform
- Create new and maintain existing vendor/contractor records
- Process expense reports and payments to employees
- Perform credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and proper documentation of all charges incurred
- File accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other corporate documents
- Support the Financial Controller and other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects
- Ensure continuous quality improvement and compliance with accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Support the future implementation of D365 F&O.
- Other special projects & duties as required.
- Perform day to day management of all receivable cycle activities and provide efficient client service
- Prepare client billing/invoices from information imported from our client timekeeping software
- Create, update & maintain clients & projects in the software system and ensures billing setup is in accordance to the contract or proposal
- Produce draft and final copies of all invoices and send out to clients in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Prepares banking deposits as required
- Generate Aging Reports, and follow up on delinquent accounts
Provide back-up reception relief for Office Administrator.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of accounting work experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with an accounting focus
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, experience with Microsoft Great Plains an asset. Microsoft A/X or F&O an even stronger asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Preference will be given to individuals with ERP implementation experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic, supportive and ever-changing, growing team.
- All-star communicator who knows how to take financial information and present it back in a clear, detail-oriented manner
- Organized, accurate, and superb attention to detail
- Engaging/Enthusiastic personality and a quick learner
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Positive outlook; resilient when facing challenges
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada.
Quartech provides technology solutions for the modern business. We are a leader in DevOps and Agile development and a Microsoft Gold Partner. As a premier vendor for the BC government and other top employers, we have a vast portfolio of projects that includes emerging technologies, such as blockchain, Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence. We are proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability.
We offer consultants and employees the opportunity to work in an Agile environment with exciting initiatives and opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Our consultants may choose the flexibility of contract engagements or the predictability of employment. We nurture long-term relationships with our workforce by providing access to training, IT industry meetups, resume assistance, and the support of a highly experienced leadership team of account executives who have experience in technology projects and consulting. Our account executives prepare our consultants for interviews and projects by sharing valuable insights into the clients and their cultures. And we continue to support our consultants throughout their contract assignments with us.
• Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC
• CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada
• Branham 300 Canada’s Top Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Companies