Quartech is looking for a PMO Advisor for an important client of ours. This is a 12-months contract with a client in the Metro Vancouver area with a strong likelihood of extensions
- Advises Project Managers on all aspects of the IT Delivery Standard Practices framework and Project Management Guidelines for Technology Projects.
- Oversees delivery of Technology projects, ensure compliance with the delivery framework, handles project escalations to the PMO, and advises project teams on resolving project issues.
- Advises Project Managers in the tailoring of the delivery framework, verifies the project readiness for gate reviews and supports the Project Managers at the gate review sessions.
- Reviews project management deliverables.
- Interfaces with external delivery organizations Project Management Offices (System Integrators or Service Providers) as it relates to the delivery of Technology projects.
- Contributes to the advancement of the delivery framework, development or enhancement of templates, standards, and tools.
- Provides advanced scheduling and estimating guidance to the Project Managers and ensures that project schedules are of appropriate quality, and advanced regularly and are properly baselined.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Project Management experience
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and manage stakeholder expectations
- Experience in managing system integrators and service providers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act decisively in critical situations and to prevent a potential problem.
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies and proven ability to effectively tailor them to the needs of the assigned projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 is an asset
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada.
Quartech provides technology solutions for the modern business. We are a leader in DevOps and Agile development and a Microsoft Gold Partner. As a premier vendor for the BC government and other top employers, we have a vast portfolio of projects that includes emerging technologies, such as blockchain, Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence. We are proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability.
We offer consultants and employees the opportunity to work in an Agile environment with exciting initiatives and opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Our consultants may choose the flexibility of contract engagements or the predictability of employment. We nurture long-term relationships with our workforce by providing access to training, IT industry meetups, resume assistance, and the support of a highly experienced leadership team of account executives who have experience in technology projects and consulting. Our account executives prepare our consultants for interviews and projects by sharing valuable insights into the clients and their cultures. And we continue to support our consultants throughout their contract assignments with us.
• Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC
• CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada
• Branham 300 Canada’s Top Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Companies