Quartech is looking for Release Train Lead: An Agile leader of teams—a scrum master of scrum masters and servant-leader to our client's DevOps teams (currently 6 teams and growing). This highly collaborative role works with not only the DevOps teams, but with leaders across the organization, business stakeholders, and technical teams. You excel at coaching, communication, managing risk, and you're willing to drive relentlessly towards improvement.
- Organize, facilitate, and lead 'All Teams Value Increment Planning' sessions with all the teams in one room (over 100 people) every ten weeks
- Facilitate the 'All Teams Retrospectives' every five sprints
- Foster scrum master collaboration through facilitating Scrum of Scrum meetings, helping the Scrum Master Community of Practice remain active and constructive, identifying collaboration opportunities and aiding cross-team collaboration
- Coach scrum masters, product owners, and other leaders to adopt an Agile DevOps mindset
- Mentor and supervise scrum masters, motivating them and their teams to take positive action and establish high functioning teams
- Manage Agile DevOps ceremonies — maintaining a calendar, communicating the ceremonies' purpose, and encouraging the right level of participation from various audiences across the organization
- Coach teams to incorporate demo feedback and retrospective outcomes as continuous improvements and product backlog items
- Manage value, risk, and metrics — optimize the flow of value across all teams, facilitating the synchronization of value currencies and measurement using scrum and Kanban practices
- Provide oversight of scrum masters' metrics and reporting, including business value realization, finances, and progress status
- Think critically through complex problems to form practical solutions
- Adapt to changes and model positive behaviour even when faced with difficult circumstances
- Use excellent oral and written facilitation, communication, presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- A diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science or STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) field
- Minimum six years of direct hands-on experience in the Agile practice — And of the six years
- Minimum four years of experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps environments, leading multiple teams
- Minimum two years of experience in development and delivery in the Cloud (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or Google Cloud)
- Minimum four years of experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis and technical proficiency
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE4)
- Advanced Scrum Master (ASM), or certification such as Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP), Certified Team Coach (CTC), or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certifications such as CSPO, CSD, CSP, PMI-ACP, SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), or CDAP, or CLP
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada.
Quartech provides technology solutions for the modern business. We are a leader in DevOps and Agile development and a Microsoft Gold Partner. As a premier vendor for the BC government and other top employers, we have a vast portfolio of projects that includes emerging technologies, such as blockchain, Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence. We are proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability.
We offer consultants and employees the opportunity to work in an Agile environment with exciting initiatives and opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Our consultants may choose the flexibility of contract engagements or the predictability of employment. We nurture long-term relationships with our workforce by providing access to training, IT industry meetups, resume assistance, and the support of a highly experienced leadership team of account executives who have experience in technology projects and consulting. Our account executives prepare our consultants for interviews and projects by sharing valuable insights into the clients and their cultures. And we continue to support our consultants throughout their contract assignments with us.
• Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC
• CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada
• Branham 300 Canada’s Top Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Companies