Quartech is looking for a Business Engineer for a client in Metro Vancouver. This is a 12-months contract with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Transposes business requirements and non-functional requirements into unambiguous user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Clarifies open questions and details before and during iteration planning by updating artifacts and tracking changes.
- Validates the requirements to ensure they meet the desired outcome/benefit.
- Applies knowledge of agile and scrum to help teams continuously improve processes and automation for continuous deployment.
- Creates options, through team collaboration, to remove impediments that may be blocking the teams’ progress.
- Performs user research, analyze user needs and align with desired business outcomes.
- Creates personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, prototypes, and mock-ups.
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off.
- Ensures Agile teams quality assurance by maintaining traceability of requirements.
- Creates, manages and presents non-functional artifacts through the iterative and collaborative process.
- Participates in estimating for the backlog.
- Understands Agile team capacity to influence commitments based on knowledge of team velocity.
- Drives adoption of integral Agile practices including continuous integration / continuous delivery, automated testing and test-driven development.
- Participates in team and effort activities as needed such as backlog grooming, sprint planning and team retrospectives.
- This includes working with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, the Agile teams, and the WorkSafeBC community of engineers.
- Provides feedback on overall development platform improvements.
- Cross-trains with other specialists, and coaching team members and other employees to enable team members to help each other meet their team commitments.
- Provides business users with ad hoc training.
- Uses design thinking principles and/or user research methodologies.
- Participates in Agile Scrums and Retrospectives
- Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement in the area of process, technology and people.
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- 5+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst, which includes 1-year direct hands-on experience in the Agile practice
- Preferred Product Owner certification as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), SAFe Product Manager / Product Owner (PMPO) or similar
Must have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Canada.
Quartech provides technology solutions for the modern business. We are a leader in DevOps and Agile development and a Microsoft Gold Partner. As a premier vendor for the BC government and other top employers, we have a vast portfolio of projects that includes emerging technologies, such as blockchain, Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence. We are proud to work on projects that support social change and environmental sustainability.
We offer consultants and employees the opportunity to work in an Agile environment with exciting initiatives and opportunities to learn, grow, and challenge themselves. Our consultants may choose the flexibility of contract engagements or the predictability of employment. We nurture long-term relationships with our workforce by providing access to training, IT industry meetups, resume assistance, and the support of a highly experienced leadership team of account executives who have experience in technology projects and consulting. Our account executives prepare our consultants for interviews and projects by sharing valuable insights into the clients and their cultures. And we continue to support our consultants throughout their contract assignments with us.
• Business in Vancouver's Top 100 Tech Companies in BC
• CDN Magazine's Top 100 Solution Providers in Canada
• Branham 300 Canada’s Top Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Companies